Mobile app development is the creation of computer programs for usage on mobile devices such as smart phones, smart watches, and tablets. Mobile apps are developed for various OS such as Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile. Since we live in a digitally smart world, more than 80 percent of people who owns mobile devices search for products and services online. Of this 80 percent, 27 percent search for mobile apps that is connected to the products or services they want to acquire.
Mobile app development has been used to develop mobile apps for virtually every reason you can think of, including selling of goods and rendering of services. Presently, the population of mobile device users stands at over 1 billion globally and growing. So why invest in developing a mobile application for your business?
The Perfect Marketing Tool
Customer applications are perfect marketing tools that can benefit virtually every industry. However, companies also have an interest in developing applications for their employees, to reinforce the marketing strategy or to simplify internal processes.
We are in a digital era and if your business does not have a mobile app, then it means you are lagging behind your competitors. You could be missing out on a huge opportunity to attract potential clients, no matter how far they are.
Just having a website will not give you an edge over your competitors. It is a matter of ensuring that you got the right strategies in place for online marketing. Owning a mobile app for your business is probably the most rewarding solution to give an edge over competitors. The world has shifted from desktops to smartphones and is offering tremendous return on investment (ROI).
The Benefits of a Mobile App
- Business Exposure. Smart phone users spend a lot of time online. They will usually be looking at products, services, reading articles, or just surfing the web. Having an app can help increase business visibility and promote the growth of your business, this way your business can have an increased presence.
- Customer Loyalty. Mobile apps can be used to increase customer loyalty because it allows businesses to communicate directly with their customers via in-app purchases, ads, promotions, and notifications sent to customers’ phone via mobile apps.
- Create Brand Awareness. Mobile apps help businesses in creating brand awareness and recognition by using features customers can fall in love with easily. In-app offers and promotions through mobile apps can keep a customer engaged.
- Increased Accessibility to Customers. Mobile apps increase a business’ accessibility to potential customers. With an app, a business owner can send discount notifications and promotional offers to all its clients at the same time.
- Source of Date and Information. Businesses can make use of mobile apps to search for information about customer preferences and behavioral patterns to enable them to make important decisions based on accumulated data. This has a far-reaching implication of boosting sales and also improving customers experience.
Gives more value to the customers:
A business is all about reciprocation and it is must to nail down the best way to encourage more customers. If you want to increase the interaction of your customers with the business to promote sales, you should provide a level of value to the customers so that they don’t go anywhere else. You can create an app with loyalty program to make more customers interact with your business and products.
There are many companies that use their mobile apps to their advantage by offering rewards to the app subscribers. This will eventually motivate the customers to buy their products. If you already have one such program, you can integrate it into your mobile app.
Reduces cost and increases customer engagement:
Mobile apps reduce the cost compared to instant messages and traditional advertising. The communications are secured and directed instantly to the messaging customers. Moreover, the mobile apps reduce the staff work. A majority of customers tend to use mobile apps as they allow them to connect with your business easily. Businesses are using apps to improve the processes and increase the level of accessibility their customers have. No doubt, mobile apps are the most valuable tools for today’s competitive business world.
Mobile apps are the best social media platform:
People of today’s generation are obsessed with social media. If you want to be a part of their obsession, you should have a mobile app. If you have a mobile app that can be shared on social sites, they will be able to discuss about your products or services. People spend a lot of time on social media and mobile apps are the future of social interaction. Mobile apps have made sales much easier than ever before. It is changing the way people review, buy or sell products. Hence, it is important to provide your client with a dedicated mobile app.
Investing in a mobile application
In today’s competitive world, people are making use of mobile apps to stay in touch with their favorite brands. Whether it is their smartphone or tablet, mobile apps offer all the information to potential customers in an easy way. Regardless of what business you do, mobile apps are useful in getting new customers while retaining the old customers.
Being available online round the clock will be a big boost for your business. It will be an added advantage, if the information is available in the form of mobile apps. With different mobile apps developed for platforms like Android and iOS, you can create brand awareness among huge number of new and existing customers. Today, almost all the business processes have become virtual. Hence, there is an ever-growing need for a mobile application in the marketplace.
Here are some of the reasons why should you invest in mobile apps:
- It is a known fact that the world has gone mobile. Consumers use smartphones for local search and your online marketing efforts are seen via different mobile channels. Just having a website is not enough to sustain in today’s competitive business world. Mobile apps thrive as browsing alternatives and you can gain a lot by investing in mobile apps.
- When you have a mobile app, you are allowed to showcase your products and services in a better way. Your customers can use the mobile app as a one stop destination, whenever they want to make a purchase. Smartphones have become a new tool to chat with family and friends, purchase products and services.
- Mobile apps are very convenient for customers, as they are usually designed with usability in mind. The benefits of mobile apps are even greater when businesses decide to develop a custom app with more flexibility and features.
Do I hire an app developer or build it myself?
It all depends on you. It really depends on the scope and complexity of the app you want to build. There are many useful tools you can use to build various apps. But if you plan to build a mobile application that you’d expect to have high traffic, or a complex app that does various things, you may consider hiring someone.
It is good to hire an app developer if you are building a professional app, this will give you peace of mind knowing there is a seasoned professional building your application. On the other hand, if you are building a simple app, then you may consider developing it yourself. If you have no idea about programming or coding, there’s no need to worry, there are many online tools and app development guides online you can learn from that can help you.
To learn more, click here.